American Institute of Professional Geologists
Illinois-Indiana Section Newsletter and Announcements
2015 June 27th - Field Trip Flyer
2015 Spring Newsletter
2014 Summer Newsletter
2014 Fall Meeting - October
2014 Field Trip Flyer - August
2014 Spring Meeting
Winter 2014 Newsletter
Summer 2013 Newsletter
Spring 2011 Newsletter
Section Comments to Draft Rule 35IAC Part 1100
Fall 2010 Newsletter
Summer 2009 Newsletter
Winter 2008-2009 Newsletter
Summer 2008 Newsletter
Science at the INDIANA ACADEMY OF SCIENCE
131th Annual Academy Meeting
The Indiana Academy of Science has been an important voice of Indiana science since its inception in 1885. It continues to enjoy a rich tradition of science excellence, as well as a high professional stature with membership that includes many of the state of Indiana’s premier scientists and science educators, and graduate and undergraduate students. The 131st Annual Academy Meeting will take place at the J.W. Marriott Hotel in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana on March 26, 2016, (8:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m.). It will bring together noted national scientists, and hundreds of Indiana scientists, science educators and science students; to share some of this country’s latest developments in scientific research, and practice.
Abstract uploading begins online at http://www.indianaacademyofscience.org
on December 1, 2015, and ends February 10, 2016.
Prepare now to share your research and insight--The Indiana Academy of Science encourages abstracts from Indiana field scientists, academic scientists, industry scientists, science educators, graduate science students, undergraduate science students, whose work could be of interest to Indiana scientists, science educators and science students. Abstracts will be published in the Program Book for the 131st Annual Academy Meeting. Abstracts are approved by the Section before being presented. The Section Chair is the point of contact for Academy members who would like to discuss their abstract before submitting it for review, or have other questions pertaining to their intended presentation. The name and contact information for Section Chairs/Vice Chairs can be found at the Academy Website at http://www.indianaacademyofscience.org)
- The research must be of sufficient scientific importance.
- Science presenters must register for the 131st Annual Academy Meeting and pay the Annual Meeting registration fee before an abstract can be uploaded. Academy members receive a discount Annual Meeting registration. Please go to http://www.indianaacademyofscience.org to register a new membership in the Indiana Academy of Science, or to renew your membership.
- Oral and Poster Presentations will take place on Saturday March 26, 2016. See on-line guidelines for preparing abstracts for Oral, Poster, Workshop, and Hot Topic presentations. http://www.indianaacademyofscience.org).
- A single individual may submit only one abstract as the first author (per Section). It is assumed that this individual will make the presentation.
- Abstracts must be submitted on the on-line submission form found at (http://www.indianaacademyofscience.org) which includes title, first author's name, address, and email address, as well as co-author names, addresses, and email addresses, and brought to the Annual Meeting on a flash drive, ready to upload between 7 a.m. and 7:55 a.m. Abstracts submitted are limited to 300 words (not including the title or author names).
On Behalf Of Prof. Krishna R. Reddy
Sunday, July 26, 2015 6:32 PM
Subject: Draft Paper Submittal to GeoChicago2016
If your abstract has been accepted, the conference website is now open for submittal of draft papers. You can find the submittal system and instructions for preparing the draft paper at:
The deadline for submittal of the draft papers is August 20, 2016. As large number of draft papers are expected, do not expect the deadline for submittal to be extended. So, please plan on submitting your paper as early as possible (before August 20,2016).
We will have limited number of platform presentations. If you have multiple papers, please indicate your best paper for the platform presentation consideration and all other papers for poster presentation.
*Krishna R. Reddy*, PhD, PE, DGE, FASCE, ENV SP Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering Director, Sustainable Engineering Research Laboratory Director, Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering Laboratory Department of Civil & Materials Engineering University of Illinois at Chicago
842 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60607
*Research Lab <http://www.uic.edu/labs/geotech>** l Google Scholar
<http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=MfZQ_8wAAAAJ&hl=en>** l ResearchGate
Training Workshop Part II: Vapor
Intrusion in Illinois – Tier 2 Review
Part 1: Soil Gas Sampling Demonstrations
Part 2: Tier 2 Training and Discussion of Tier 3 Models
Part 3: “Ask the Regulator” Segment
October 15, 2014
- AIPG Mission Statement and Membership Information
- Tier 2 Training Slide Deck prepared by Martin Hamper – GZA GeoEnvironmental
- Tier 2 – Hypothetical Case Study Handouts ‐ #1 and #2
- White Paper ‐ An Initial Screening of the Proposed TACO Tier 1
Outdoor Inhalation Construction Worker Exposure Route Soil Gas
- Illinois EPA Fact Sheets For Indoor Inhalation Amendments and Other TACO Updates
- Illinois EPA – Vapor Intrusion Fact Sheet
- Illinois EPA – Indoor Inhalation Amendments
- Illinois EPA – Soil Gas Sampling Protocol
- Soil Gas Sampling Equipment – Resources and Instructional Documents
- Vapor Intrusion Guidance Documents and other Useful Links
- Field Worksheets
- Unit Conversions
- Purge Volume Calculations
- Helium Leakage Test Field Form
Dear AIPG Illinois-Indiana section members:
This email is being sent to you to announce a vacancy on the Board of Licensure for Licensed Professional Geologists in Indiana. The primary responsibilities include reviewing and approving of applications for licensure, reviewing and investigating claims of misconduct, and recommending appropriate changes to law.
Additional information is included in the attached document.
Applications to the board are due September 15, 2014.
August 9th: Field trip to the Kentland Meteorite Impact Structure Mine (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
October 15th: Vapor Intrusion Training Workshop and Vendor Networking Night (details to follow…)
Jeff Groncki, CPG-11118
106 Wilmot Rd., MS#1630
Deerfield, IL 60015
Craig McCammack, CPG-11731
V3 Companies of Illinois, Ltd.
7325 Janes Ave
Woodridge, IL 60517
Work: (630) 724-9200
Erik D. Spande, CPG-09904
125 South Wacker Drive, Suite 3000
Chicago, IL 60606
Work: (630) 871-6640
Fax: (773) 693-3823
Ramona M. Cornea, CPG-08983
5704 Inverness Drive
Rockford, IL 61107
Work: (815) 395-1221
Fax: (815) 395-1222
David G. Pyles, CPG-07364
KPRG and Associates, Inc.
414 Plaza Drive, Suite 106
Westmont, Illinois 60559
Work: (630) 325-1300
Fax: (630) 325-1593
James Adamson, MEM-1532
7325 Janes Avenue
Woodridge, IL 60517
Nahid Brown, MEM-0377
540 Hillside Ave.
Hillside, IL 60162
Martin Hamper, CPG-10250
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
915 Harger Road, Suite 330
Oak Brook, IL 60523
David T. Heidlauf, CPG-09365
ENVIRON International Corp.
333 W. Wacker Dr., Suite 2700
Chicago, IL 60606
Harvey Pokorny, CPG-7919
705 Cochise Street
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Shane Schmidt, CPG-11332
Lee & Ryan Environmental, Inc.
859 Nero Court
Carmel, IN 46032
Phone: (816) 668-4746
Danielle Wallin, CPG-11386
Farnsworth Group, Inc.
1144 W. Jefferson St., Ste. 300
Shorewood, IL 60404
The state of Illinois provides for
the licensure of professional
Details on licensure can be found at http://www.dpr.state.il.us/who/gegy.htm#xgegy.
The state of Indiana provides for
licensure of professional geologists.
Details on licensure can be found at http://www.state.in.us/legislative/ic/code/title25/ar17.6.